You’ve got the Article, Now Get It Shared!
With article marketing playing a big part in the SEO world at the moment, many consultants are turning to it to get high quality backlinks in relevant content.
Stop with the basics of social sharing, they are too obvious and look at more advanced methods of ensuring your article is shared across social networks. Here are some tips to improve your social sharing:
- Ensure your article is high quality and not over promotional. A user would much rather read something that they could use in the future such as “Home Interior Trends” as opposed to “Buy From Company1”. You shouldn’t need to over promote to get people clicking through.
- Ask for social shares! Although a little controversial there is no harm in asking your friends and family or perhaps even business contacts to click like and tweet, just make sure you approach the ones that will enjoy the content.
- Share your content on social sharing websites like Stumble Upon and BizSugar. This will allow people to view summaries of your articles based on what they are looking for. They will then click through read the article and then potentially share it.
- Email your article to colleagues, friends and family. We all check our inboxes on a daily basis and people are much more likely to view the article if received through email rather than a passing tweet which after a couple of minutes has disappeared.
- When sharing the article on social networks, don’t just post it to your feed, post it on peoples profiles that you know would enjoy the article because of the content. Target high profiles pages on Facebook whose readers would also be likely to read it. Post it in relevant Google+ Circles. Tweet the article to relevant high profile people on Twitter; you never know you might get a retweet!
Social sharing is not the chore it once was and spending some time developing lists on Twitter, categories on Facebook and Circles on Google+ will save you time in the future when it comes to sharing content with people that actually want to read it and will therefore be more likely to share it. Don’t forget the most basic of all, add social sharing buttons to the tops of your articles, silly I know but people still forget to do it.